You Can Save Time and Money by Hiring a Virtual Property Management Assistant
If you’re a property owner or a property manager who needs to delegate more of their work, you’d be surprised at what can be achieved through virtual property management. Almost everything you need to do with the real estate you own can now be done online, from keeping the books to taking care of rent payments. Consider what you can accomplish by moving some of your essential services online:
- Easier (and even automatic) scheduling and follow up. Scheduling anIt can feel like juggling at times, and it can be just as stressful. Most of the juggling can be done for you by software and methods for managing properties online. Virtual property management software and practices make it possible to do much of the juggling for you.
- Include marketing for property management. Want to get in touch with new and possible renters faster? You can get potential tenants to do a lot of your marketing for you by using effective scheduling and online lead capture systems.
- Better systems for maintenance requests. A request for maintenance shouldn’t come as a surprise. It should be easy to give your tenants great services with as little trouble as possible.
Setting up a virtual property management system doesn’t happen by snapping your fingers. But it takes more than a snap of the fingers to set up a virtual property management system.
Working with a property management virtual assistant is one of the best ways to make sure you can do all of the above. That’s a virtual assistant who has experience with property management systems, data entry, and other things that are specific to the rental property business. Here is how to get started.
The Goals: What You Can Achieve with a Virtual Property Management Assistant
Too often, people who hire a virtual assistant find themselves struggling to come up with tasks. The good news is that you won’t have any trouble with this as a property manager. The good news in property management is that this won’t be a problem for you.
But it does help to know what a good online system for managing property should look like. Here are the various tasks you can improve and automate:
- Onboarding to property management software. Getting staYou can’t have a $76 billion industry without You can’t have a $76 billion industry without some software companies making products that make your life easier. is plenty of software that a property management company like yours can use to automatically make life easier—hire a virtual assistant to perform any required data entry and you won’t have to keep procrastinating the act of onboarding your company onto that software.
- Scheduling and follow-up are done automatically. You want to save time, but you also need to be able to work around the schedules of people who want to rent your place. Hire a virtual assistant to manage your schedule. This way, everything will be scheduled automatically during your work hours, and the virtual assistant will also follow up with potential tenants who don’t respond. You’ll be more efficient in less time.
- Send requests for repairs automatically. If you used an old way to handle maintenance requests, all calls from tenants might have been sent to the maintenance professional you hired. But what if that person in charge of maintenance is on vacation or too busy to respond quickly? The problem can be fixed by getting a virtual assistant to look for other contractors in the area. Their research could also lead you to contractors who charge less.
- Smoother property management marketing. When you own a property management company, you don’t always have time to do the marketing that brings in additional prospective tenants. When Have a virtual property management assistant do things like update your social media with new listings or work on your WordPress blog. If you manage rental properties, you don’t always have time to do the advertising that brings in more potential tenants. Outsource it! Have a virtual property management assistant work on your WordPress blog, for example, or update your social media accounts with new listings. This kind of engagement will keep your property in the public eye and ensure that the “contact us” forms always have tenants offering up applications.
How to Get Your Property Management Service into “Virtual” Mode
Why do you need a virtual property management service? The best thing you can do for your property management business right now is make it as virtual as you can. You’ll be one step ahead of the curve.
The only remaining question is how. How do you put your property management company into “virtual mode”? During the COVID-19 pandemic, you may have realized that some parts of your business can be done online. But let’s look at a full list of things that will help you get ready for the digital future:
- Supplement your staff with a virtual property management assistant. Having someone else take care of your virtual systems while you’re away helps make sure everything goes smoothly. while you’re away helps ensure that the entire process is smooth.
- Make the tenant services you already have virtual. Can people pay you rent online, or do you still want them to mail you checks? How you handle rent payments will show how well your business works as a whole.
- Create a web presence that can handle new tenants. It’s not enough to have a website that shows pictures of your properties. Create a unique, responsive web presence. There are many WordPress templates that let you accept new contact forms from people who visit your site. A virtual property management assistant can help you with this.
- Put in a system for managing properties. We won’t tell you what kind of property management software you should install. There are many ways to make it easy to handle work orders, data entry, and even social media accounts. The most important thing is that you get used to using this system.
- Set up a way to schedule your hours that makes sense. The great thing about virtual property management is that you can keep the system responsive to people. You can set up software systems that let tenants know that their messages have been heard even when you’re not there. Work with your virtual assistant for property management to make a schedule that works for your hours.
Why Do You Need to Think About Virtual Property Management?
. All of the things above are mostly about how. But how about why? Why should you move your property management systems online? What are the benefits of moving your property management systems into the virtual environment?
- The more people you can reach online, the less you’ll have to split up your time. With property management software, such as Manage Casa, all of your active leases and monthly income will be shown on a single dashboard.
- Measure your success. When you do everything by handshake and paper, it’s tough to measure your results. You can’t check how accurate your gut feelings are, so you have to go with them. You can’t check how accurate your gut feelings are, so you have to go with them. Using virtual property management software lets you track variables like online conversion rates and how often you schedule visits with prospective tenants.
- Keep property management alive even when you’re on vacation. When you move your property management services into software, you can give them to a virtual assistant with little disruption to your work. with a virtual assistant with minimal interruption to your workflow.
Start Your Own Virtual Property Management Empire
Once you have the properties and know how to handle scheduling, tenants, marketing, and other things, the only question is how to make it virtual.
The good news is that it’s a lot easier than it sounds. And as we said above, the first step is to connect with an experienced virtual property management assistant who can help you with hard tasks like data entry, importing to property management software, and more. Here are the steps you need to take to find the right virtual assistant for you:
- Sign up. That’s all it takes. If you sign up for VA FLIX, you can look at the profiles of different virtual assistants and find one that fits your needs.
- Work with our staffing manager. Our goal is to find you a partner who cares as much about your success as you do. Our staffing manager will help you find your way around the site, sort through potential candidates, and guide you through the hiring process.
- Hire a virtual property assistant. After you’ve worked with the staffing manager, you’ll be able to look through a list of possible candidates and choose the best one for you. This will depend on what you, as a property manager, value most. But since this VA will be your main point of contact, don’t be afraid to take your time and get it right.
- Onboard the property manager assistant. Make a document for “onboarding” that has all the information your property manager’s assistant will need to “hook in” to your company.
Start growing your business and reducing overhead with VA FLIX
1. Meet your assistant
We’ll ask you some questions to find you a virtual assistant and a backup virtual assistant.
2. Create a workflow
With the help of our platform, you can create a workflow that fits your life. You decide how to keep track of time, talk to your assistant, and share files.
3. Start delegating
You can talk to your virtual assistant from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in your own time zone. Start giving tasks to other people and grow as you need to.
Virtual Property Management FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Still a little unsure about how it all works? Let’s look at some FAQs:
Why do I need a virtual property management assistant?
How you think your property management systems should work is the most important thing. If you hire someone who can work the same hours as you and handle tenant requests, you’ll have more time to work on the business itself.
What do I do next if I do want to hire a virtual property management?
It’s simple: Fill out the VA FLIX Contact Form! This is a simple process, but if you find any portion of it difficult, one of our staffing managers will assist you in moving on to the next stage without difficulty.
What does a virtual assistant do, exactly?
Everything you can think of that has to do with running a property well falls under this. A virtual assistant can help you move your property management business to new software, for example, by entering data when you switch to the new software.
Do I have to hire a property manager assistant full-time?
No. VA FLIX gives you a lot of choices, and if you’re not sure you have enough hours to delegate yet, you can start with something small. We hope that as your property management systems grow, your virtual assistant can grow with you.
What do I do next if I want to get started?
Signing up for VA FLIX is the easiest thing to do. Don’t worry if you feel overwhelmed at first by the process. We give you a staffing manager to work with so you can look at all of your options without feeling like too much is happening at once.
How do I create an onboarding document?
Your virtual assistant might be able to help. A virtual assistant will be able to figure out what they need to help you work on your property management service remotely. That includes the log-in information you might need, access to certain accounts, and the ability to go into your blog or website and change it so that it works better for people who want to rent it.