How to Submit Your Podcast to Spotify (On Every Platform)
Thinking of Hiring a Podcast Production Agency?
Spotify has begun to take podcasting seriously and has rapidly become one of the most prominent directories for discovering your favorite podcasts. It is a logical progression to include podcasting since so many people currently use Spotify for music (and swear by it) and because they have so many integrations with home speakers (Sonos comes to mind). Additionally, they want to generate exclusive, original material for their platform in a manner similar to Netflix. You want to get your podcast on Spotify since it is rapidly expanding and is now the second most popular site for podcast downloads – although it is still way behind Apple Podcasts.
Just a few of the things you’ll learn:
- What is a podcast about
- Equipment you’ll need
- How to record and edit
- How to promote your podcast
In addition, they are developing an API that would enable hosting providers to provide Spotify-specific playback data. Spotify has collaborated with podcast hosting firms, so you will need to follow the exact instructions (shown below) for your podcast hosting service so that they may submit your podcast to Spotify on your behalf. Below are the suggested hosting platforms by Spotify, as well as instructions on how to get on Spotify if you’re not hosted with one of them.
Spotify’s Recommended Hosts
Buzzsprout is our podcast host, and they make it simple to get your podcast on Spotify.
- Simply click iTunes & Directories -> Spotify on your dashboard to access Spotify.
- If you have previously submitted your podcast to Apple Podcasts, all the needed information should be right. Click the “Submit your podcast to Spotify” option.
- This will bring in your podcast and account information, including show title, Buzzsprout account email, and Buzzsprout RSS feed.
- Simply ensure that everything is accurate, tick the box confirming that your podcast does not include copy-protected content, and click submit.
To submit your podcast to Spotify using Podbean, you must be subscribed to one of their Unlimited plans or above and have published at least five episodes.
- Then go to Settings -> Social Share on your dashboard.
- Additionally, click the “Connect to Spotify” option.
Spotify is easily integrated with Transistor. First, just one episode must be released.
Simply go to the ‘Social & Apps’ menu and select the ‘Send my show to Spotify’ button.
Simplecast offers a simple Google Form with four quick-to-complete fields:
- Show Title
- Simplecast Account Email
- Simplecast RSS Feed
- Is this podcast already on Spotify?
If you do not already have a Spreaker Pro account, you must create one in order to proceed.
Any personal package that requires a Pro account is eligible for a free month.
Go to your Blubrry dashboard and scroll down to the Distribution section.
- Under Destinations, there will be a link that reads “Get On Spotify.”
- After clicking, confirm that the right RSS feed was retrieved and click Next.
- You must choose your Home Territory, confirm your major iTunes Category, check a few boxes, input your name, and then click Submit:
Fireside is perhaps the platform with the simplest procedure.
- Simply go to the Advanced section of your dashboard and mark the ‘Submit to Spotify’ option.
- That’s it – seriously.
Pippa has included Spotify statistics onto their dashboard.
- Simply contact them through Intercom or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request assistance in submitting your podcast.
Simply go to Destinations -> Add New on Libsyn, pick Spotify, and fill out the form.
There is an in-depth help article that will guide you through the procedure.
Select the Exports tab on your Podigee dashboard.
You will then select the button next to “Yes, I agree.” Submit my podcast to the Spotify service.
There is a “Submit to Spotify’ option in Podomatic’s help page that explains the prerequisites.
Previously, Audioboom had a help post detailing the procedure, but it seems to have been removed. However, they are still labeled as a Spotify partner.
Hosting With Another Company?
If your podcast is not hosted by one of the following providers, you will need to submit it using Spotify’s new dashboard for podcasters.
Simply give the RSS feed for your podcast, and Spotify will automatically update in the future, similar to Apple Podcasts.
Additionally, they have this Google Form that was once the submission method, but it seems you will no longer need to utilize it.
They do state that entries sent in this manner are not guaranteed, and they advocate joining up with one of the recognized and recommended podcast hosts listed above.
Keep in mind that Spotify submissions are now taking longer than usual, so please be patient.
PODCAST PORTFOLIO BELOW (Best View on Desktop) Click on “Full Screen” and tap left and right arrows to check the other slides.VA FLIX PODCAST PORTFOLIO – PODCAST PRODUCTION AGENCY – PODCAST VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS by John Marzan
Podcasting Made Simple with VA FLIXWouldn’t it be amazing if you could simply press the record button, wait a few days (sometimes as little as 24 hours), and then publish and deliver a perfectly edited and ready-to-go podcast episode to your audience? No worries! You definitely can! VA FLIX partners with professionals, busy entrepreneurs, business owners, and top brands to have professionally done podcasts in the most convenient way. VA FLIX Podcast Productions’ dedicated team will not only take the hard work of post-production off your busy hands but will also relieve you of stress and help you grow your show and connect with your audiences. Our podcast editing service is operated by our own team of millennial audio engineers, talented show note writers, and producers who handle every aspect of your podcast after you record an episode. You literally only have to record your episode and we’ll take care of the rest. That’s the simplest way to explain the service. We do the real hard work while you chill. Your team at VA FLIX is a group of skilled professionals that offers:
PODCAST SERVICES FROM VA FLIX
- Launch strategy and podcast consulting.
- Quality Assurance Check Before we Publish.
- Audio editing and production.
- Written show notes including quotes, links, and keywords for SEO.
- Video Editing.
- Marketing Services.
- Audio Leveling & Proper ID3 Keyword Tagging.
- Transcribe your episode (for the all-in-one package).